Wire PV-4 – is a flexible installation wire with a copper multi-wire core. It can be used for stationary connection of electrical equipment and assembly of electrical circuits, power and lighting circuits. It is more flexible than PV-3, and even more so than PV-1.
Insulation can be one color, for example: yellow, red, blue, green, brown, black. Or two-color, for example, green-yellow, the color of the grounding conductor, used at the intersection of the cores of PV-4 to 6 square meters. mm.
The nomenclature series of sections of wire PV-4 is rather big 1х0,5; 1×0.75; 1×1; 1×1.5; 1×2; 1×2.5; 1×3; 1×4; 1×5; 1×6; 1×8; 1×10; 1×16; 1×25; 1×35; 1×50; 1×70; 1×95; 1×120; 1×150; 1×185; 1×240 the price of the wire is formed from the cross section of the core, the higher the more expensive.
P – wire;
V – PVC (polyvinyl chloride plastic) is used as insulation;
4 – flexibility class, at small sections it can be equal to 5, in most cases not lower than 4.
ng – does not spread combustion
ngd – that does not spread combustion and with reduced emissions of smoke and gas
Elements of a design of a wire of PV-4:
1. Conductive core – copper, multi-wire, class 5 for sections of 0.5 and 0.75 mm2, class 4 or 5 for sections 1 and 1.5 mm2, class 5 for sections 2.5 and 4 mm2, class 4 or 5 for sections 6 and 10 mm2 ;
2. Insulation – made of PVC plastic, different colors. In the case of the nomenclature of the wire ng and ngd execution, then from a special PVC that does not support combustion and with reduced smoke and gas;
3. Staining is performed continuously or by applying two longitudinal stripes on the insulation of natural color, located diametrically. For wires used only for grounding purposes, the insulation is greenish-yellow.
Scope where PV-4 wire is used:
For electrical installations with stationary laying in lighting and power networks, as well as for installation of electrical equipment, machines, mechanisms and machines, internal electrical installations for rated AC voltage up to and including 450/750 volts, rated frequency up to 400 Hz or DC voltage up to and including 1000 volts.
The wire is suitable for operation indoors or under canopies, in tents, bodies, trailers, garages, metal structures. Moisture condensation should be avoided.
If we talk about specific areas of application, you can use PV-4 to assemble electrical panels. It is convenient to work with because it bends easily. Also suitable for connecting electrical equipment in the car, but it must be done carefully. In this case, if the wires go beyond the cabin, it is better to use a cable or wire with two layers of insulation. It can be used for installation in products, such as electronic equipment, because PV-4 is flexible enough to be conveniently laid. Ideal for connecting power to luminaires as well as for wiring inside luminaires.
Laying of a cable is carried out in steel or plastic channels, hollow channels of building designs where frequent bends of a wire are possible. Due to its design, the PV-4 wire is resistant to vibrations, bends, mechanical shocks, and insulation materials do not propagate combustion. Isolation is resistant to mold.
PV-4 has the following parameters and technical characteristics:
– Rated AC voltage: 450 V.
– Frequency: 400 Hz.
– Rated DC voltage: 1000 V.
– Minimum temperature: -50 degrees Celsius.
– Maximum ambient temperature and maximum allowable core heating temperature: +70 degrees Celsius.
– Maximum humidity: 100%, at a temperature of 35 degrees Celsius.
– Minimum temperature for installation: -15 degrees Celsius.
– Minimum bending radius: 5 outer diameters of the wire.
– Insulation resistance at reception: 1 MО, and at operation not less than 10 Kм.