Control cable with copper conductors with PVC insulation, shielded, in a PVC sheath (ngd aka ng-LS – flame retardant and with reduced smoke and gas emission). It is used to obtain information about the state and current operating conditions of objects, direct access to which is impossible or difficult for one reason or another.
Such a cable has its own design features that distinguish it from a conventional cable. Wherever there are cables, there is also electricity, which means electromagnetic noise and interference. They appear due to spurious emissions during the transmission of currents in the cable, as well as pickups along the power supply circuits. The most powerful interference occurs near transformers, high-voltage power lines, high-frequency devices and induction heaters. Interference disrupts the operation of the cable, therefore, to reduce the impact during the production process, a shield is applied to the cable, a noise barrier. Flexible control cables are used for medium loads where there is no tensile stress. The control cable is not used in the soil or outdoors, in this case, to protect against aggressive environmental influences, special protection is used to protect it from mechanical damage. More popular sizes of cable cross-section kvvgeng-ls – 4х1,5; 4х2,5; 5х1,5; 5х2,5; 7х1,5; 7х2,5; 10х1,5; 10х2,5; 14х1,5; 14х2,5; 19х1,5; 19х2,5; 27х1,5; 27х2,5 the price of a control shielded cable depends largely on the cross-section.
Decoding of the KVVGEng-LS cable:
K – control cable;
V – indicates that the internal insulation is made of PVC plastic;
V – means that the outer insulation is also made of PVC;
G – (naked) no protective cover;
E – indicates the presence of a screen that protects against external interference;
ng – does not support combustion;
ls – lowe smoke with reduced smoke and gas emission;
1. Conductive core – copper, single-wire, class 1
2. Insulation – made of polyvinyl chloride compound (PVC), which does not support combustion and has a reduced smoke and gas emission.
3. Twisting – the insulated conductors of the cables are twisted. Each layer contains a counting pair, the insulated veins of which differ in color from each other and from the rest of the veins.
4. Separating layer – applied to twisted conductors made of polyethylene terephthalate film or PVC plastic compound with a thickness of at least 0.5 mm.
5. Screen – in the form of a winding of copper foil or copper tape with a nominal thickness of 0.06 mm, or aluminum foil with a nominal thickness of 0.1 – 0.15 mm with an overlap to ensure the continuity of the screen at permissible bending radii of the cables. It is allowed to manufacture the screen from corrugated aluminum strips applied longitudinally with overlapping. A copper wire with a diameter of 0.4 – 0.6 mm is laid longitudinally along the screen made of aluminum foil.
6. Shell – made of PVC plastic compound that does not support combustion and with reduced smoke and gas emission;
The control cable in the screen is intended for fixed connection to electrical devices, devices, assemblies of clamps of electrical distribution devices with a rated alternating voltage of up to 660 V, a frequency of up to 100 Hz or a constant voltage of up to 1000 V, for laying in rooms, channels, tunnels in the absence of mechanical stress on the cable in an aggressive environment and the need to protect electrical circuits from the influence of external electric fields. Shielded control cable has become widespread largely due to the development of information technology.
What is the cable shield for? Most often, such a wire is used in those places where several different cables are laid along one cable channel at once. Shielded protection also determines the purpose of the control shielded cable – due to its noise immunity, it can be used where the use of a conventional cable is not possible due to the presence of strong external electromagnetic radiation, which can significantly affect the operation of such conductors.
In addition, the shielded control cable is used for applications where precise impulse transmission is required, such as for video surveillance systems, computer systems and office equipment. Laying the control cable, protected by special shielding, minimizes possible interference from strong electromagnetic radiation and increases the overall stability of any device.
Cable of the KVVGEng-LS brands is used for laying in cable structures and premises to ensure fire safety of cable chains when laying in bundles.
– Working ambient temperature: from -50°С to + 50°С
– Relative air humidity at + 35 ° С: 98%
– Long-term permissible core heating temperature during operation: + 70°С
– Nominal insulation thickness for conductors with cross-section:
from 0.75 to 2.5 mm2 – 0.6 mm
from 4 to 6 mm2 – 0.7 mm
10 mm2 – 0.9 mm
– Electrical resistance of conductor insulation at a temperature of 20 ° C with a cross-section:
0.75 – 1.5 mm2 – not less than 10 MOhm * km
2.5 – 4.0 mm2 – not less than 9 MOhm * km
6 mm2 – at least 6 MOhm * km
The cable is resistant to assembly bends. The bending radius when laying in an ambient temperature of at least 0 ° C is:
– for cables with an outer diameter of up to 10 mm inclusive: at least 3 cable diameters
– for cables with an outer diameter of 10 – 25 mm inclusive: at least 4 cable diameters
– when laying and installing without preheating at an ambient temperature of at least -15 ° C: at least 6 cable diameters;
– when laying in the ground (trenches) and on overpasses, not less than: 15 years;
– when laying in rooms, channels, tunnels, not less than: 25 years
|Number of cores and section, mm2||Outside diameter, mm||Weight of 1 km of cable, kg|
|4 x 1||10.9||167|
|5 x 1||11.6||193|
|7 x 1||12.3||227|
|10 x 1||14.6||301|
|14 x 1||15.6||369|
|19 x 1||17.0||456|
|27 x 1||20.1||622|
|37 x 1||22.1||789|
|4 x 1.5||11.5||196|
|5 x 1.5||12.2||229|
|7 x 1.5||13.0||273|
|10 x 1.5||15.6||366|
|14 x 1.5||16.7||456|
|19 x 1.5||18.6||589|
|27 x 1.5||21.6||783|
|37 x 1.5||24.5||1028|
|4 x 2.5||12.4||245|
|5 x 2.5||13.2||288|
|7 x 2.5||14.1||352|
|10 x 2.5||17.1||478|
|14 x 2.5||18.7||625|
|19 x 2.5||20.5||791|
|27 x 2.5||24.3||1089|
|37 x 2.5||26.8||1409|
|4 x 4||14.0||330|
|5 x 4||15.0||396|
|7 x 4||16.1||490|
|10 x 4||20.2||694|
|14 x 4||21.7||892|
|19 x 4||24.2||1167|
|27 x 4||28.4||1585|
|37 x 4||31.5||2073|
|4 x 6||15.2||420|
|5 x 5||16.4||510|
|7 x 6||17.6||639|
|10 x 6||22.1||908|
|14 x 6||24.2||1208|
|19 x 6||26.7||1559|
|27 x 6||31.4||2135|
|37 x 6||35.3||2851|
|7 x 10||21.7||1010|
Buy shielded control cable kvvgeng-ls at a low price in bulk from the factory of the manufacturer of cable products MPKA. If necessary, we carry out production of control cables under the order, a separate nomenclature range, which is not included in the standard list of products.